The growing season in Central Oregon is brief compared to more temperate climates which can be a challenge. At Juniper Jungle Farm, the growing season begins in early spring inside of greenhouses and under row covers. Hearty seeds are directly sown in the soil as early as possible and more tender seedlings are started in areas where they are protected from frost and cold winds. Harvesting begins in late May and early June with the CSA program and farmers markets beginning in mid-June. Vigorous growth occurs during the warm months of July and August and will continue into September and October depending what the fall frosts are like. Hearty crops like kale and chard continue to be harvested into November. Crops such as onions and garlic are planted before the ground freezes in the fall and tend to be some of the first things showing in spring.
- JJF 2016 Fall CSA Share Pickup November 13, 2016
- Our 4th annual Sunset Supper is on August 21, 2016! July 22, 2016
- 2016 CSA Shares are now available! February 9, 2016
- Sunset Supper tickets On Sale NOW! August 3, 2015
- Save the Date! Farm Dinner is 8/30/15. July 22, 2015