Community Supported Agriculture provides a mutually beneficial arrangement between famers and their local community. In exchange for financial support from the “share-holders or members,” the farmer commits to provide healthy, locally grown food throughout the growing season. The goal of CSA is to reconnect people with the land that sustains them. CSA members know where the food they eat is grown, and can learn the complex processes of sustainable agriculture. Joining a CSA leads you to a greater awareness of our interdependence on one another and the earth.
The CSA Members
- Receive fresh, contamination-free vegetables and herbs delivered on the day of harvest
- Pay close to supermarket prices for fresh organically grown produce
- Know where and how their food is grown, who grows it, and have the opportunity to partake in the miracle of growing food
- Are provided with a structure through which they can support a viable local agriculture, preserve local farmland, and contribute to a healthy local economy
- Have the opportunity to gain knowledge of growing food and stewardship of the earth
- Become more aware of their relation to the land, farm life, and processes that make our lives possible
The CSA Farmer
- Is given the opportunity to make a viable income by growing food in a responsible and harmonious way, directly supported by the consumer
- Has the pleasure to know who their product is going to and consequently feel more care, responsibility, and reward in their work
- Is relieved of the marketing function and focus more on growing food
- Are preserved from further development
- Are preserved from harmful farming practices and are nurtured into more fertile and bountiful land
How Juniper Jungle CSA Works
- Juniper Jungle Farm will offer small shares, regular shares, and large shares. Starting in February we will start taking sign up and payment for members’ shares for the 2014 growing season until full, as shares are limited.
- The season starts with the first pick up day on Tuesday, June 3th at the farm or Wednesday, June 4th, and continues every week thereafter, with the last summer pickup on September 24th. We will have an additional pick up in November the week before Thanksgiving. The pickup locations are still to be determined.
- During the season Juniper Jungle Farm is always open to members on Tuesdays for direct farm pickup of their weekly share with prior notice. This gives you and your family an opportunity to spend time with your farmer and the land in which your food is grown.
- Juniper Jungle Farm will offer farm community building events with the CSA members on the farm like workdays so you and your family can get your hands dirty and participate in your food. Off the farm will include an online blog on our website or the forum on our Facebook page for members to share recipes and ideas for the weekly box of vegetables.
- JJF 2016 Fall CSA Share Pickup November 13, 2016
- Our 4th annual Sunset Supper is on August 21, 2016! July 22, 2016
- 2016 CSA Shares are now available! February 9, 2016
- Sunset Supper tickets On Sale NOW! August 3, 2015
- Save the Date! Farm Dinner is 8/30/15. July 22, 2015